Got Spirit?

I'm glad this week is over! I know it's only Thursday, but to me (and I'm sure several other young adults), the "week" means Monday - Thursday because of school and work. After studying for a midterm and staying up finishing an assignment, I realized that I cannot stay up as late as I used to. I used to be able to pull all-nighters, but not anymore. My max is 2am-3am. *Sigh* Signs of aging I suppose.

Despite the tiredness, my highlight of the week was going to Epic Bible Study on Wednesday. It is always refreshing to hear God's word and fellowship with great people. The topic was on the Holy Spirit:

"12in order that we, who were the first to hope in Christ, might be for the praise of his glory. 13And you also were included in Christ when you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation. Having believed, you were marked in him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit, 14who is a deposit guaranteeing our inheritance until the redemption of those who are God's possession—to the praise of his glory."
Ephesians 1:12-14

I was reminded of who the Holy Spirit is and what He is in our lives for. One of the things that stuck out to me was:

"God often allows us to struggle in our self-effort, because we need to come to the conclusion before we are ready to begin walking in reliance upon his Spirit. Walking in the Spirit, being filled & empowered, is a lifestyle & learning is a lifelong process."

Ahh so true...so true... :) I think more than ever, in my life, I feel the Spirit move as I desire to know God more.

So with that said, I'll end this blog with this song...
Spirit Moves (Rock Soul Remix) (College Survivor Album Version) - Out of Eden

So amazing what your eyes will see
If you're ready when the Spirit moves

1 comment:

Angie said...

OOE always reminds me of my Joyful Praise days. I like the remix for this song =]

Anyway, I wish we had something like Epic at my school.