Wicked

Almost a month ago, I bought Wicked by Gregory Maguire. It took me a while to read it and I finally finished it last night. Not that it was boring, it was a little bit hard to get into at first but I found it got better as I got more into the story. The reason why it took me such a long time to finish was because I was busy with a whole bunch of stuff and I couldn't read it consistently as I would've liked to.

Anyways, the book basically tells the life story of the Wicked Witch of the West, her real name - Elphaba. I definitely have new insight of this so-called wicked witch because Maguire takes a different take from the Wizard of Oz movie. Her life story to me was quite sad. Apart from the preconceived notion that she was a completely bad person, there were actually some good aspects of her character. She pretty much had a downfall...hmm you'd have to read it to see. I'd give the book probably a 3.5 or a 4 out of 5 stars.

Now onto The Kite Runner :)

1 comment:

sharyl said...

i could never read a book if it doesnt suck me into it from the very beginning. that's why i'm just waiting to watch the musical.

oh and did you know The Kite Runner is coming out in the movies? But that doesnt mean you shouldn't read it. hahaha!