No accident

I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
Marvelous are Your works,
And that my soul knows very well.

Psalm 139:14

I went to the Bodies Exhibit in Rosslyn with Korina on Friday. We've been planning to go for a while and I was excited that we were able to make it since this was the last weekend the exhibit would be in town. Tickets were $26, kinda pricey for a small museum, but nevertheless a great experience to be there.

I was thinking it would be gross, but it really wasn't. We're talking about dead bodies and parts put in a museum for everyone to see. It made me think to myself, "Wow is that what I really look like inside?!" My favorite part of the museum has to be the Circulatory System, where they used "corrosion casting" to inject something into the blood vessels to harden and reveal them. They also had a section on Fetal Development, which was covered so that people who didn't want to look can pass. I decided to check it out though. I learned that at 21 weeks, the heart starts beating and they even had a fetus at that age. It was very tiny - perhaps no larger than my pinky tip. I couldn't believe our hearts start beating at such a miniscule size. I was awe-struck.

I don't know why people believe in the Big Bang Theory. *BOOM* and we're magically here?! It doesn't make any sense. Looking at the Bodies Exhibit reminded me of Psalm 139:14, where David says we were "fearfully and wonderfully made". Fearfully, as in reverence. Wonderfully as in miraculous. It's absolutely amazing how God created every single one of us to be. We are certainly no accident because there is truly a lot of work put into each of us because He loves us so much that He even sent Jesus to save us. John 3:16 says "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life."

Out of the complexity of our human self, we were made to praise Him, to love, and be loved.

2 comments:

sharyl said...

you went to the Bodies Exhibit?? Jealous! But I'm glad it was a great experience for you.

and yes, i believe i that i was "fearfully and wonderfully made" and not just from random atoms coming together... just thinking about that makes ur day, doesnt it?

joanfaith said...

hey welcome to blogspot!!! haha..you've been taken to the dark side!!!