Private

About 2 weeks ago, I was having a conversation with my cousin Aimee and I've known her and her sister, Aileen, since they were born. We're close family friends, but somehow we're related on our mom's side - so we call each other cousins. Anyways, during this conversation she said, "You know what Em, you're a very private person." Being artistic, quiet and reserved, she is observant and notices a lot of things. You know what they say, "still waters go deep". That is the first time someone said that to me. I thought about it for a second and didn't have a negative response towards that statement, I totally agreed with her.

I only trust very few people and I definitely don't give that away easily. I do have a lot of friends, but only few that I can really talk to. Most of them are my friends at church (They're more like family). Some things I just like to keep to myself. Why? I keep a very high guard. Maybe I love my little comfort zone so much or maybe that is a result of what being an only child is to me after all these years. Being an only child has allowed me to rely on myself a lot on things and given me the mentality of "do-it-yourself". And I guess I'm also more of a listener than someone who would tell someone something.

The thing is, I don't have anything to say...
or at least I think I don't.

1 comment:

Ica said...

Touche. I know you all to well emem dearest.. hahah but you know, when ever you do have something to say I'm always here to listen to ya k. I love you