the Word

It's been a while since I posted!

Today, I went to a class at Mclean Bible Church about "How to Study the Bible." I know it may sound silly to some of you, but I really took a lot from it. I could go on and on about it, but everyone should go to this class when they offer it again.

Since we talked about God and the Word, it reminded me of this song...here's a verse from The Cross Movement's I Am That I Am:

In the beginning was the Word, the Word was with God
And the Word was God and God is still large
Though some find Him strange
He can't exchange or rearranged, and He sure can't change
Makes Himself known, makes Himself heard
Makes Himself seen, all through the Word
Sometimes a lot in a little, sometimes in a riddle
Sometimes when He's revealing He's hard like Peanut Brittle
But He'll break it down in bite size pieces
With a complete thesis, that we can eat up
Like Reese Peanut Butter Cup
So good to the roof of your mouth it'll get stuck
So you can savor the flavor forever
To keep your spirit strong and your intellect
Clever, pull the lever on all the things you think you know
Shed the dead leaves so you can grow and sow and reap and expand
And humble yourself under the mighty hand of the one that said I AM

It's old school, but it's still awesome =)

No comments: